Cloc + d
LINE OUTPUT CONVERTER + LINE DRIVER
LINE OUTPUT CONVERTER + LINE DRIVERThe CLOC+D is a premium high performance line output converter and line driver that features a high voltage (10 Volts RMS) output and an a extremely low source impedance (30 ohms) that is usually found in high- end and more expensive aftermarket source units. If you are using an aftermarket source unit that usually has a low voltage preamp section, the CLOC+D will boost that voltage up to 10V RMS of strong, clean signal. It also has a signal sense feature that detects signal on the input and turns the unit on without the need of a 12-volt trigger at the remote in (turn on) connection. Whether you are using the remote in or the signal sense function the CLOC+D has a remote out trigger that will turn on your amplifi ers or other integrated devices. Finished in a premium black anodized aluminum hard case, the CLOC+D is compact enough to fi t into any space.
- Max. Input Power : 100 Watts/ch at 4 ohms
- Max. Output Voltage : 10 Volts
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) : 01%
- Input Impedance : >20K ohms
- Output Impedance :
- Signal To Noise : >87dB
- Signal Sense Level : DC Sense
- Power Connections-These connections are for input power, chassis ground, and remote turn-on. Use a minimum of 18 gauge wire for power and ground connections. The power wire should be fused with a 1 amp fuse.
- RCA Outputs- These RCA ouput jacks provide signal to your amplifer.Low Level Inputs- These RCA input jacks allow for a low level left and right channel signal input from the source unit.
- Input Switch Selector- This switch is used to select the input of the cloc+d. There are two possible inputs, The RCA position selects the low level RCA input (0-4V) and the Speaker position selects the high level input.
- High Level Inputs- This terminal block allows for a high level left and right channel signal input from the source unit. Use this if your source unit does not have RCA outputs.
- Input Gain Adjustment- This control matches the input level of your cloc+d with the output level of your source unit.
- Maximum Indicator- This LED indicates when the signal is at its maximum level before distortion occurs. When the input "Gain" adjustment is set correctly and the source unit is at its maximum volume this LED should fl icker intermittently.
- Power Indicator- This LED indicates when the cloc+d is powered on.
- Always mount the unit in a fashion so that it can be easily accessible for making adjustments.
- Avoid mounting the unit to subwoofer enclosures or high vibration areas.
- Do not cover the unit with carpet or any other material.
- Do not mount the unit in the engine compartment or anywhere that it will be subject to high temperatures, (ie, direct sunlight or heater) moisture, dust or dirt.
- Use rubber or plastic grommets to protect wires when routing them through metal.
- Always keep signal wires away from high current power wires.
- The ground connection should always be the fi rst connection made.
WIRING INSTRUCTIONSGround Connection (GND)The main ground connection should be made between the Gnd terminal on the unit and a metal part of the vehicle close to the mounting location. This wire needs to be as short as possible to minimize the possibility of induced noise. You should use 18 gauge wire or larger for the ground connection. The metal point on the vehicle where the ground connection is made needs to have all paint removed and be scuffed down to the bare metal. The ground wire should have a ring terminal soldered to it and be bolted directly to the vehicle with the use of a star washer. Do not ground the unit near existing (factory) ground points. These areas generally have multiple devices grounded to them and can cause induced noise.
Power Connection (+12V)The main power connection should be made at the battery. This will ensure that the unit receives the best possible connection to minimize noise. There must be an inline fuse (1 amp) placed in series with the unit. The fuse should be within 18" of the battery. You should use 18 gauge wire or larger for the power connection. The power wire should have a ring terminal soldered to it and be bolted to the vehicles battery. Do not install the fuse in the holder until all the systems connections have been made.
Remote In (REM)This Caché unit is turned on by applying +12 VDC to the remote turn-on terminal. This terminal should be connected to the remote lead from the car stereo. This remote lead from the source unit will trigger a +12V output only when the car stereo is turned on. If the source unit does not provide a remote turn on you can use the accessory terminal in the cars fuse block. This will however turn the unit on and off with the key, regardless of whether the source unit is on or off.
Remote OutThis Caché unit is equipped with a signal sensing circuit that can detect a signal on its RCA or Speaker input and provide a +12V output signal to turn on an aftermarket amplifi er. Connect this output to the remote terminal input on an aftermarket amplifi er. Note that the remote input is not designed to activate the +12V remote output.